Remembrance Day

Published by Bhavana under on 2:19 PM
A day of sombre faces and memories, of red felt poppies and tears. A day to honour. But most of all a day to remember those that came before. Those that came and fell.
Remembrance day always makes me think of my Poppy. He did not fight but he trained those that did go over to fight in WWII. I miss him. I love to look at the pictures of our family dressed in their army best. My grandpa, my poppy, uncle kev, uncle bill, uncle teddy. Our family has a proud army history. Though I may be against the wars I still whole heartedly support our troops. In this morning's ceremony on Parliament Hill Rabbi Bulka made an amazing speech. He put it so eloquently that everyone applauded. 'We love our troops' he said. And we do, and we should. Did they not fight for us? For our freedom? To hold up ideals that were not our obligation but our desire to uphold? On this day I Remember and I am thankful to live in Canada.

2 comments:

Elle said... @ November 11, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Lovely post! And hey - thanks so much for the mention on your blogroll! I'm RSS-ing your site now and look forward to reading more!

Anonymous said... @ November 12, 2007 at 2:58 PM

beautifully said!
I'm adding you to my blog village.

Post a Comment