Angels

Published by Bhavana under , , on 11:35 PM
She never mentions the word addiction
In certain company
Yes, shell tell you shes an orphan
After you meet her family

She paints her eyes as black as night, now
Pulls those shades down tight
Yeah, she gives a smile when the pain comes,
The pains gonna make everything alright

(chorus)
Says she talks to angels,
They call her out by her name
She talks to angels,
Says they call her out by her name

She keeps a lock of hair in her pocket
She wears a cross around her neck
Yes, the hair is from a little boy
And the cross is someone she has not met, not yet

She dont know no lover,
None that I ever seen
Yes, to her that aint nothing
But to me, yeah me,
Its everything

She paints her eyes as black as night now
She pulls those shades down tight
Oh yeah, theres a smile when the pain comes,
The pains gonna make everything alright, alright yeah

(chorus)

-The Black Crows
This song has been in my head lately. It speaks to my lonliness, why or how i have no clue. it just does. I guess today I feel like her. It sounds so beautiful. And I suppose that it makes sense considering some of my views. There is a line in the Mist of Avalon that goes approximately thus: the goddess is in everything; everything beautiful and harrowing. But my heart takes it a step further. There is beauty in everything. Sometimes the harrowing is beauty itself. And I think that that's what I want .... my harrowing beauty to be recognized.

1 comments:

Jane said... @ February 21, 2008 at 9:55 AM

This is a beautiful post. I'm always amazed at the power of music; how it moves me. One single opening of a song can bring me right back to a vivid memory. Every single time I hear "Blister in the Sun" by the Violent Femmes, it brings me back 20 years ago when it was playing while I got my first tattoo; every sound of the needle and smell of the room is so vivid.

Mists of Avalon is such a classic read. I often feel lonely too but I'm beginning to think that we have to rename that emotion and learn to embrace being alone. When we can enjoy and become strong and embrace our "aloneness", we will be ready to have the lovely and healthy companionship once again.

Happy Thursday ;))

Post a Comment