Arg! The newspaper sucks

Published by Bhavana under on 3:14 PM
Ya'll are super lucky you get two blogs in one day! Mostly because I'm home all alone today while everybody is at work and I just have to rant. I hate the newspaper. Most of the time at least. I live in Canada's capital, you'd think we would have at least a decent newspaper. Reading today's Ottawa Citizen made me want to cry tears of frustration. First of all the sports section should not come before the actual news 'city' section. I don't give a crap about sports and i'm sure the people who do would be willing to find the section at the back of the paper like in every other respectable newspaper. But my biggest issue is with the 'arts' section. I counted the # of articles and got a whopping 7 articles! For a 6 page section no less. Also I don't think the top movies at the box office or the shameless 'watch this tv program' plug count as art so please change the count of articles to 5. WTF!?!?!! That's disgusting. Are you telling me that a city with the National Arts Centre and over 5 museums plus the National Art Gallery of Canada can only find 5 news worthy arts articles? The comics and Dear Abbey are not art, neither are the 3 pages of adds. The Ottawa Sun, which is our city's half news, half tabloid paper has a better art section. oy! The Capital of Canada should have a better newspaper than that; we should at least be on par with the Toronto Star if not The New York Times. arg!!!

phew okay I'm done now .. not any happier but finished with the rant .. for now.

1 comments:

Jane said... @ October 24, 2007 at 10:24 AM

Call me crazy, but I just get grossed out by the feel of newspaper ink on my hands. It always feels like I should be reading a paper on a Sunday morning with my coffee, but I get so much more news on-line.

Post a Comment