Happy Turkey Day!

Published by Bhavana under on 9:36 PM
One thing I love about october ... Thanksgiving! And it was the perfect day for it today. We spent the day at the Perth Autumn Studio Tour. Perth is a rural town about an hour away from Ottawa. There were potters, painters, glass artists, photographers, knitters. Most of the studios were in barns or outbuildings.
I purchased a handle-less mug from a wonderfully whimsical potter. Though the piece I selected was of her most 'demure' collection. Her work was generally very colourful and organic in feel.




















I also picked up a gorgeous blue glass ॐ pendant. I might even be able to take glass blowing lessons from the artist. I've always wanted to learn glass blowing. That and pottery but every class I've ever signed up for gets canceled. One day! She has some pretty great stuff so I'm looking forward to learning from her.

The day was much enjoyed. It has got me in quite the creative mood. Over the next week I think I'll be able to get back into my carving and jewelry making. And that is long over due.

We had our turkey dinner tonight. When we got home we discovered that our smoke alarm had been going for over 4 hours! Many of our neighbours tried to break into the house but figured as they didn't see any smoke it was just the turkey. Which of course it was. I felt do bad for disturbing them all and the poor dog's ears! But after that the dinner went nicely. Some spilt wine but what fancy meal is complete without that? And it was only a Zinfandel so no stains! yay! Ahh what a day! But I must say that over all I'm feeling much more ... put together ... over the past few days. Life is looking good!

1 comments:

Jane said... @ October 9, 2007 at 9:52 AM

Sounds like such a wonderful day! That studio tour sounds amazing and your latest finds are so pretty too!

Post a Comment