Thrilling Thursday Music-a-thon

Published by Bhavana under on 11:41 PM
Well as I'm sure I've mentioned before I can't spend a day without music. It's too much a part of me to ever be missing. So from now on, on thursdays (arbitrarily picked because well today is thursday) I will tell you a bit about a band/musician that I love and that you should all feel obliged to check out :D So for my first Thrilling Thursday Music-a-thon I have the pleasure to present to you .... drum roll please (I'm feeling overly dramatic today) .....

Jeff Zentner www.myspace.com/jeffzentner

He's a bit Americana/Indie/Blues/Country aka awesome. His music holds a bit of my soul and articulates it in a way that my meagre words never could. It's so hard to explain. All music seems to hold a piece of me and when you look at all the bits you can see who I am. Jeff's music holds a piece that lately I've been trying to cultivate and bring more to the foreground. It's been a bit too much Scissor Sisters lately. I need to chill. On a front porch in Tennesse. with a cold beer(it would be whisky, it fits better, but i just can't drink the stuff). watching the fireflies flicker in a field of tall grass. making crispy apple pies and cider. mmm.

3 comments:

Yoga Gal said... @ October 12, 2007 at 1:01 AM

Do you use music when you teach your yoga practice?

Bhavana said... @ October 12, 2007 at 10:09 AM

yes i do. my favourite is a cd i found called yoga dream. i like to have a cd player with a remote so i can change the volume depending on the part of the class. and turn it off completely for meditation.

Jane said... @ October 12, 2007 at 11:19 AM

I love that music...just went over to myspace for a listen. Sounds like the perfect type of music to play while I'm working in my studio area. Soothing, mellow and not too distracting.

Post a Comment