Words from a Bookworm

Published by Bhavana under on 1:04 PM
Oh how I love to read so .... This is a book meme (woo hoo!) from the very fabulous Deb at http://debrichardson.com/blog/

1. Hardcover or Paperback, and why?
Hardcover for the most part. They feel so genuine. They give a very satisfied feel when you read them. They have a nice weight in your hands. And they look so beautiful up on the bookshelf.

2. If I were to own a bookshop I would call it...
This is a dream of mine. To own a second-hand and rare bookshop. At this point in time (it may very well change) I think I would call it 'The Book Caravan'

3.My Favourite quote from a book is
"I had not known you a month before I felt that you were the last man in the world whom I could ever be prevailed on to marry" Elizabeth Bennett To Mr. Darcy. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

4.The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with is
Shakespeare. I'm dying to ask him if he really wrote all those amazing plays and to ask if he knew Chaucer.

5.If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except from the SAS survival guide, it would be
Tolkien's Lord of the Rings Trilogy ... all in one book of course.

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that...
Gets rid of the need for bookmarks. I can never find one when I need it so most of my books are marked with scraps of paper or receipts. I've even used hair elastics and bracelets before.

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of…
Well it doesn't necessarily remind me of anything in particular except for libraries and university but it does give me a most immense sense of well being and love. Book smell is the best smell ever.

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be…
I hate to be boring but Elizabeth Bennett from Pride & Prejudice. I can't help but be totally enamored of that woman. I also would love to be Morgaine from The Mists of Avalon

9. The most overestimated book of all time is…
Without a doubt Wuthering Heights. I don't get why people like that book let alone read it at all. It's positively terrible, I can't stand the bloody thing

10. I hate it when a book…
Ends before I think it should. If I love a book I want as much information as possible about what happens after the conflict resolution. I hate it when they just end and you want the story to continue.

Hope you liked it. Everyone and anyone should do this meme, just tell me cus I want to read your answers :)

3 comments:

Deb R said... @ October 22, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Oh, I'm so glad you did this one because I loved your answers! YES to being Elizabeth Bennett! I seriously considered saying her too and one of the only reasons Trixie won for me was that I'm not at all sure I'd cope well with the inconveniences of early 19th century life. :-) (Still...there would be Darcy...Yum!)

I love your answer to number 10 too.

Bhavana said... @ October 22, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Thanks Deb! There is a really funny book called Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict that makes me think that I could maybe, just maybe deal with a chamber pot if I could have Darcy. lol

Jane said... @ October 24, 2007 at 10:22 AM

what a great post! I love books too. I'm such a book junkie. I love to pile them all over the house and especially next to my bed. Ever since I found half.com, I order books all the time. I agree that hardbacks feel better than paperbacks. I loved Memoirs of a Geisha. I'd love to go back in time and stroll the streets with a beautiful paper umbrella with the cherry blossoms.

Post a Comment