Technology is Taking Over!

Published by Bhavana under on 11:37 PM
I'm of two minds when it comes to 'Technology.' Now on one hand I think inovation is great. Man keeps striving for that next step and if we didn't do that we wouldn't have indoor plumbing or electricity. And I am all for indoor plumbing even if I could live without electricity. I am also seriously addicted to the internet. I would die (figuratively speaking) if I couldn't check facebook or read everybody's blog. The facebook addiction is rather pathetic, it annoys me sometimes but I really do love the stupid thing.

But then on the other hand tech sucks. It seems our entire planet has become ridiculously dependent on it. I often wish I could just move to a cottage in the woods and not deal with it at all. I also have some issues with tech were as it doesn't always work that well for me. For instance I have been known to cause computer crashes, electronic malfunctions, and turn off street lights with my very pressence. It can be highly annoying. Getting into hotel rooms is impossible for me, in fact any key card room is impossible. I used to have to get people to come with me to the computer labs in university so I could get in. So I fully supprt the use of oil lamps and snail mail.

It is very interesting to see the degree to which some people need technology to survive (or so they may think). It makes me wonder what sort of mess we would be in if technology stopped working. There are so many circumstances where that could happen at any time. Its a bit of a scary thought.

1 comments:

Jane said... @ October 16, 2007 at 9:24 AM

I so completely agree. Technology is important and I MUST HAVE the internet for my blogging and Flickr friends. It has taken me a while to come around to this though. For every good thing about technology, there is also something negative. Still, I'm grateful for my blogging :))

Post a Comment